The Associated Press
from International Herald Tribune
August 8, 2007

WASHINGTON: Angelina Jolie, the Oscar-winning actress known for her humanitarian work, is disputing reports that she is endorsing a U.S. presidential candidate for 2008.

In a written statement Wednesday, Jolie said she has made no decision despite reports that she is supporting Democratic contender John Edwards.

"There are many false stories that circulate about me, but the one I feel I need to address, because it is about such an important topic, is that I have not decided to endorse John Edwards, or any other presidential candidate," Jolie said.

"Like many Americans, I am learning more about the candidates' records and positions but at this time I have not yet made an endorsement," she said.

Jolie won her best supporting actress Oscar for "Girl, Interrupted." She recently starred in "A Mighty Heart."

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home